Coconut Chocolate Dark Roast Coffee
As I have progressed along the path of weight loss and ketogenic eating I’ve had to reconfigure my macros here and there to insure that I’m consuming enough protein to preserve my lean body mass. As my protein needs have gone up I’ve had a hard time adjusting my intake to match. My take on the traditional bullet proof coffee was adapted to meet increased protein needs. Here is how I make my high protein version.
- One serving Isopure Protein Powder Low Carb Dutch Chocolate
- One Tbsp Cold Pressed Organic Coconut Oil. I like Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Your Favorite Coffee (I use dark roasts. My absolute favorite is Death Wish Coffee)
- Fitness Fiber (You know, so you can…go.)
- A High Quality Method to Blend it all Together. (Ninja Professional Blender)
The recipe is really simple. Prepare yourself a cup of coffee. Once cooled a little place the coffee, a serving of protein powder, one tablespoon of coconut oil and one serving of the fitness fiber in the smoothie cups that come with the blender. Blend it until really smooth and foamy. The flavor is rich and decadent like you’re eating a coffee flavored Mounds Bar. I make this every morning to start my day off with some healthy fats (MCTs), protein and caffeine. This usually holds me until lunch time! Enjoy!